Monday, January 16, 2012

Back on the Mean Green Horse


Have you ever had a stomach bug coincide with eating something that you really liked, only to make you not want to eat that again? Maybe it's God's way of getting us off certain foods, but I can't believe that he wouldn't want me to indulge my health with green juice.  I mean there's absolutely nothing bad in it for you...nothing but pure green healthy goodness. I've been putting off getting back on the Mean Green Juice Horse ever since I got sick right after drinking a nice big green juice before church this past fall.  Believe me, I can't think of much nastier to throw up than green juice...possibly raw oysters, but green juice is pretty darn gross coming out, like something Linda Blair would upchuck on the Exorcist.


Today I felt courage and empowerment...ready to take a chance on my green nectar once again.  It went down great and I think I can keep on.  As Joe from "Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead" says..."Juice on!"

Mean Green Juice
I SWEAR that it tastes MUCH better than it looks (although I love nearly any green veggie, so it doesn't look yucky to me at all)! 
I use a Breville Juice Fountain Plus Centrifrugal juicer at home...love it!
Play around with the amount to suit your taste. In my opinion, though, the lemon and cucumber are essential...gives a really fresh taste.

Makes (2) 16 oz. (mol) juices

1 bunch (approx. 8-10 stalks) of organic curly kale
1 bunch (5 or so stalks) of organic Swiss chard
1/2 organic lemon
2-3 organic green apples
1 regular or 1/2 large organic cucumber
1/2 head organic romaine lettuce

Juice on and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment